Friday, July 17, 2009

I did it!!!

I have been doing some research on this feature with my camera where you can focus on a particular object and everything around it is blurred. It all started with this particular plant to the left. It is part of a flower arrangement at my office and it is called 'Cat Tail'. But there is so much 'noise' in the area that the object would get lost in the picture. Then I thought that if I could have the flower center of focus and everything blurred, I would have accomplished my task.

Last week Saturday I was telling a friend of mine about my problem. As a matter of fact she is the one who introduced me to this feature of the camera. She gave a crash course that day and apparently my camera does not have the capability to do this feature. This feature is called dept of field. I left her home a little disappointed.

Today as I returned to work from making my banking rounds, I saw some colorful bugs on a flower plant. I decided to take some close up pictures of these bugs. As I was zooming in and taking the pictures (I held the camera as close to the bugs as I could) I realized that the pictures were looking like they would result with the depth of field feature. I was excited.


Now that I have downloaded the pictures I realized that I have done it. During the rest of the day I was taking pictures ever chance I get. The one with the plant looks relatively good. I would have to let my friend review them.

Looks like the bug was posing for me!!!











3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Wish I had a camera that would take good pictures like that.
    Also thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of depth of field here.I love photography and having been studying it on and off for a few years now. I got a Nikon D60 a few months ago,it's a great camera. What camera are you using? The photos of the bugs are great this is macro photography,something i have not really go into. I'm into landscape and Portrait,but maybe we can swap tips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!