Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bomba Shack, Apple Bay, Tortola British Virgin Islands

I did something different during my lunch hour today. I went to West End to take these pictures. It was a 25 minute drive and it was a beautiful day.

Bomba Shack Apple Bay, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.  

What you see in these pictures is a tourist spot called Bomba Shack. It is located at Capoons Bay, Apple Bay, Tortola BVI. It is famous for its monthly fully moon party and Bush Tea drink. This drink consists of a variety of rums and can 'knock' you down if you are not careful.

Bomba Shack Apple Bay, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.  

One of the cultures when you visit this spot for the first time, is to leave your underwear. Some tourists have some outrageously fun times here. I am sure many don't remember what they did. During the early part of the year, this beach is good for surfing, so you would see alot of surfers doing their thing.

Bomba Shack Apple Bay, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.  

UPDATE:  Bomba Shack was destroyed during the 2017 hurricane Irma.  It was not rebuilt because of land ownership issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!