Thursday, September 20, 2018

My New Canon EOS M100 Camera Review

I had to get a desire for a new camera for a while now and initially my intention was to get a white Canon A5100.  Why a white one?  I just found that it looked so cool even though in one video review, the reviewer said that the camera got dirty quite quickly.  

As the time grew closer when I was able to get a new camera, I did more research and found out that the Canon A5100 over heats after using it for a few minutes.  This was also confirmed by one of my fellow Trinidadian YouTubers.  So I decided to look for another camera that has the same features as the Canon A5100 - a flip up screen, compact camera, auto focuses and record videos.

I have a Nikon D60 but it does not have a video recording feature.  A popular Youtuber recommended the Canon EOS M100 camera and the reviews were generally good so I purchased a bundle from Amazon. In the bundle there was a mini tripod, camera bag, macro filters, filters, lens pen, and the box with Canon EOS M100 Camera.

In the camera box, it had a camera strap, 15-45mm lens, battery, battery charger and of course a manual.

I am very happy with my purchase.  I am already seeing the difference in my videos.  They are of better quality.  One of my subscribers even noticed the difference in quality and asked me about it.  

It has a time lapse feature which is super cool.  I have already taken a few time lapse footage and plan to take some more.  it is not as bulky as my Nikon DSLR and I can change the lens whenever I want to.  I recently traveled to Trinidad and Tobago, my home country, and put my camera in a cross body baby which is not that big.

One thing though, when I am using the flip screen to record a video of myself, I tend to look at the flip up screen instead of looking into the lens.  The end result is you will see me looking up instead of looking at the camera.  I have to work on that.  

The audio is excellent but it does not have a port for an external mic which I think is not needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!