Sunday, April 29, 2012

Insure Your Camera Gear

I purchased some more camera accessories and they arrived a few days ago.  I got an extra memory card for my Nikon D60 camera and a larger one for my Kodak Easyshare picture frame.  I also got some extra memory card cases, a UV filter to put on my other camera lens and an air duster to clean my laptop.  Many people think that UV filter are unnecessary and they definitely would not put a cheap UV filter on their camera equipment.  I basically use them as protection for glass of my camera lens.  It is really all a matter of choice.

Even though the size of majority of the items (that I purchased) were quite small the duty was a bit high, almost more than the cost of the items themselves.  I had to query the cost of the duty with my agent and she verified that the charges were correct.

After I received this shipment (my last shipment was a camera bag), I realized that I am spending quite a bit of money on my passion - photography and it dawned on me that I really need to think about securing my investment.  Insure my camera gear.  I am presently doing my researching by getting some quotes from a few of my local insurance companies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!