Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pink Flamingo, Beef Island, British Virgin Islands



I got it!  Earlier on in the year, there were a few flamingos in one of the Beef Island ponds and I was not able to zoom in close enough to take good pictures.  That started my search to get a zooms lens for my Nikon D60 DSLR camera.  I eventually purchased a Nikkor 55or-200mm lens.  

Yesterday I saw this bird in the pond and I did not take my camera with me.  I did so this morning and yep, the bird was there!


3 comments:

  1. This is also a nice flamingo,
    good picture Nativa.

    best wishes to you.

    greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo. The zoom lens did well. I just got a 80-200mm 2.8 Nikon lens and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really great having my zooms lens. I can get some really great close up shots without getting too close to my subjects. I recently took some of some seagulls and they are great! One setback with the lens though is that it takes a little while to focus on my ever swift subjects.
    Thanks for the comments folks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!