Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Early Morning Race, Road Town, Tortola British Virgin Islands





These are my first set of sport pictures since I purchased my Nikon D60 camera.  Next time I have to get closer.  It is my intention to be up to date with all the activities taking place on the island so I can be present to take pictures.

This last runner is a resident of the BVI and she is a great athletic.  We saw her walking during her event and we knew something was wrong, we had to ask her what was up and she responded by saying that she had pulled a muscle.  Eventhough she had an injury, she was walking very brisk.

Most of these races occur early in the morning, this is to avoid the runners having to run in the hot sun.  A friend of mine husband ran in one of these races and collapsed during the event.  Apparently he was dehydrated and the sun was extremely hot.  We were all very concerned for his health and I am happy to report that he is doing very well!

2 comments:

  1. have a nice time with your new photo camera. D90, goooood job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not see me running in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!