Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Day for the Birds


It has been about a month since I have been looking for these fowls to take a picture of them. You see there are some palm trees located just at the front of my office building and these wild chickens would occasionally come and nestle in the dirt.


Well today was my lucky day. As I came back from my lunch, I saw the hen and her young ones just enjoying the warm dirt.

Of course I pulled out my camera and snapped away. It was not feasible for me to stand to the front of them because there are a lot of plants there so I had to stand behind them. I could not take the chance of getting too close either because I did not want to scare them.

The last picture of is a particular bird that enjoys fast food. They are just amazing the spot where I took these pictures is the cruise ship dock Road Town, Tortola.

The Government planted some coconut trees in the areas and now that they are a good height, they provide lovely shade. During the hours of 12:00 noon and 1:00pm alot of people, choose this spot to spend their lunch hour. It is quite relaxing and very breezy. I love spending my lunch hours there.


These birds are just marvelous. They love fast food. If you throw out a piece of food for them, they would catch it in flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!