Friday, October 25, 2019

Google Maps Local Guide Level 7

I started using Google maps on a regular basis when I traveled to my home country Trinidad and Tobago from Tortola British Virgin Islands, after hurricane Irma in 2017.

Not knowing the location of many of the business places, I used Google maps to find the places I wanted to go to and to find out if a particular business was in a certain area.

On one occasion I decided to uploaded a photo of a business place just for the fun of it.  After some time I noticed that the photo got alot of views and this excited me and encouraged me to upload more photos and I even started doing reviews.  I make an extra effort to do a detail review - Google rewards me for it.

As a YouTuber I am always up and about getting content for my channel and I take the opportunity to get photos to upload to Google maps wherever  necessary.

Google maps give local guides the opportunity to make adjustments to the names of businesses, phone numbers, opening hours etc.  Of course they do their verification checks before publishing your suggested adjustments.  And of course we get points for suggesting the adjustments.

I like to go into town frequently and have breakfast, check out new and different places and share my reviews.

As of October 25 2019 I am at level 7.  Its taking me a while to get to level 8 but the journey is fun.  Just today I uploaded two photos and suggested some edits to a company's name and location of business.

Each year Google Maps host a summit where selected local guides are invited.  It is my goal to attend 2020 summit!!

Family Support Network, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Vegetable Omelet from Watering Hole, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!