Friday, September 23, 2011

Water Taxi In Trinidad And Tobago

Going Down San Fernando ...
My mom and I took a trip to San Fernando, Trinidad via the Water Taxi.  The Water Taxi is a large catamaran that transports passengers to and from Port-Of-Spain to San Fernando and visa versa.  This trip was a first time for both of us via this Water Taxi.

The whole idea about this service is to reduce the traffic situation that exists at the peak hours between San Fernando and Port of Spain.  Commuters can park their vehicles in San Fernando and visa verse and enjoy a stress free ride to their destination. 

When the commuters arrive in Port of Spain there is a shuttle available to take them to key areas in Port of Spain.


I was really impressed with the service that was provided by this Water Taxi.  The service was excellent in the waiting area before we the boarded the ferry and during the trip.  The water was calm, and the ride was smooth.  We did not realize that the ferry was moving until we looked outside the boat.


There are four catamarans and each has a different name.

Paria Bullet, Calypso Sprinter, Trini Flash and 
Carnival Runner

Each has a capacity of approximately of 400 passengers. My son is a Grade one boat Captain and I told my mother that I would proud to see him drive one of these boats!



This is a fishing area next to the Water Taxi ferry dock in San Fernando.

In the photo below, you can see an oil rig platform in the horizon.


This nice man was doing his own thing, minding his own business.  He did not even know that I took a few pictures of him.  He was outside the ferry dock in San Fernando.


That is Point-A-Pierre in the distance where the oil is refined and processed.




1 comment:

  1. Bellissime foto..Bel blog :)
    Gio'
    http://remenberphoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soooo much for commenting on my content . I makes me super happy!!!